Davis Elementary Fall 2018 After School Programs
Davis Elementary is excited to partner with the below programs to offer unique opportunities for your child. Visit their links to learn more! The classes are also listed on the After School Programs calendar.
When to Enroll:
- Enrollment Time Period: 8/10/2018 - 9/5/2018
Where to Enroll:
- Go directly to the below website to enroll:
Where is program held:
- The below programs are all held on campus at Davis Elementary.
What programs are available:
After School Yoga and Mindfulness*
- Grades: K-5
- Vendor: yogees yoga 4 kids, LLC
- Vendor Contact: email@example.com / (214) 533-3856
- Program Service Date Range: 9-10-2018 - 12-17-2018
- Monday 3:00 – 4:00PM
- # of Classes: 13
- Cost: $75 Course + $5 Materials Fee
- Duration: 10 – 16 mins.
- Course Description: Join yogees yoga 4 kids (yy4k) for yoga and mindfulness taught with songs, games and literature in a non-competitive environment. Time is provided for a snack and drink (parent-provided) before activity begins. Classes include movement, creative thinking, cooperative exercises, music, authentic children's literature, a mindfulness practice and, when time permits, a craft.
- Grades: 1-5
- Vendor: Abrakadoodle of North Texas
- Vendor Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / (972) 455-8180
- Program Service Date Range: 9-13-2018 - 12-05-2018
- Wednesday: 3:00PM – 4:00PM
- # of Classes: 12
- Cost: $168
- Duration: 1 Hour
- Course Description: Celebrate amazing structures and buildings that humans have built across the planet! World Monuments were created to honor people or events. These monuments are an important part of cultural heritage. Get some perspective on The Great Wall of China, create a reflection of the largest art museum in the world, step back in time to learn about Big Ben, and invent your own hieroglyphs! Travel around the world and explore the grand creations of humanity through time!
- Note: As of 8/22/2018 the vendor changed from Frisco Family Arts to thew new updated current of Abrakadoodle.
- Grades: 1-5
- Vendor: Chefsville
- Vendor Contact: email@example.com / (972) 516-0325
- Course Description: Kids will remember this for the rest of their lives! Learning comes alive in the kitchen classroom, where kids mix math, simmer science, and taste geography. Hands-on activities, lively discussions and equipment skills development allow students to engage and discover: • Kitchen safety • Fruits & vegetables • Eggs & breads • Plating • Sanitation/hygiene • Salads & sandwiches • Meats & sauces • Cooking methods • Competition Training • Desserts • Pasta & baking • International cuisines
Session #1 Session #2 Program Range 9/14/18 - 10/26/18 11/2/18 - 12/14/18 # of Classes 7 6 Cost $115 $100
PSL Chess Session One**
- Grades: K-5
- Vendor: Premier Scholar League Chess
- Vendor Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / (214) 213-3968
- Program Service Date Range: 09-13-2018 – 12-20-2018
- # of Classes: 14
- Cost: $185 Course
- Duration: 6 – 40 mins.
- Course Description: Chess program designed to challenge beginner through advanced students. Group instruction, individual over the board game play and problem solving activities incorporated into every weekly class.
PASAR After School Care*
- Grades: K-5
- Vendor: Provided by Davis Elementary Staff, located on all elementary campuses, including Head Start and Beaty ECS.
- Vendor Contact: https://www.pisd.edu/pasar
- Program Service Date Range: 2018 - 2019 Calendar School Year
- Cost: Cost Varies / Depends on # of children enrolled. (Late charges apply)
- Duration/Hours of Care: Monday - Thursday 2:45 - 6:30 PM, Friday 2:45 - 6:00 PM
- Registration: Available online
- Course Description: PASAR is a pre-paid afterschool program. PASAR provides a safe and positive environment. Opportunities are given for students to work on homework and participate in structured recreational and fine arts activities to enhance their overall skill development. PASAR will start immediately after school on early release days. There is no additional charge. To find out more simply visit the Plano district site at: https://www.pisd.edu/pasar
Student Program Chair
" *" indicates on campus programs.
"**" indicates programs provided by and for all of PISD Campuses.
Site Updated as of: 8/22/2018